Sunday, February 27, 2022

I'm so hairy and I'm a girl?

Since I was very young I've been extremely hairy like there is not one place that I'm not hairy in. It makes me so sad because all the other girls are hairless and pretty and I'm a hairy beast. Is there anything like a medicine or pill that I could take so I could not be hairy anymore?
 
Age:22
Gender:Female
Conditions:Hirsutism

 




Dark and coarse (terminal) hair growth in young women becomes a concern when it is noted in androgen-sensitive areas such as the shoulders, the nipple area of the breasts and tracking above the navel to the chest. Terminal hair growth in these areas suggests excess circulating testosterone and requires medical attention. Excess testosterone may be produced by the ovaries in certain conditions, for example polycystic ovarian syndrome. It may also be the product of an adrenal tumor. Your doctor will investigate these possibilities. Treatments with pills or surgery will be considered once the diagnosis is made. 

Terminal hair growth on the arms and legs,  as well as the cheeks and chin may reflect a family trait and can be addressed by hair removal (waxing, shaving, laser)

No comments:

Post a Comment