Thursday, January 20, 2022

Do I have diabetes?

Am I type 2, pre-diabetic, or normal?

I was having kidney stone problems. My dr did my different tests in those tests my hba1c came 7.1 after 10days 6.4. Then after 3 months 5.7 then after 3 months 5.2. I never did use any medication except my diet control. My fasting glucose levels never went high than 100 only once 106. It's regularly checked. After breakfast, it tends to go 140 to 165 but mostly 130 to 145. But after dinner, it's sometimes higher than 220 but mostly 140 to 180. I'm an overweight person 110kg 5.7 height.

Male | 40 years old 




A hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) test result over 6.5 % qualifies for the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. Glucose results over 200 mg/dL also qualify for diabetes,. Based on the results that you usually see, which are below these thresholds, you certainly qualify as having prediabetes. The best way to settle the issue is to have a 2 hour 75 g oral glucose tolerance test with your doctor.  The best way to improve your blood glucose profile and avoid future complications is to lose weight. I suggest you refer to my book A Blueprint for Healthy Eating: Your Diet Guide for the New Millennium.

No comments:

Post a Comment