Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Q & A: Restful Sleep and Diabetes






Dr. Mezitis Replies to Your Questions: 


I work untimely hours. They are never consistent, so my sleep cycle is also different. Lately I have been feeling extremely tired and giddy when I don't eat on time. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have no family history of the disease. Could lack of sleep be the reason of my diabetes? I am not sure what to do.


Restful sleep in sync with the daily light-darkness cycle has been identified as a very important factor in preventing diabetes. Night shift work challenges the body's restorative mechanisms that operate in the evening and overnight. Problems are compounded by eating overnight when the digestive system is in rest mode. Preventing diabetes and 'reversing' diabetes depend on synchronizing our lifestyle with the day/night rhythm: generous breakfast, good lunch, light supper and early bedtime.



1 comment:

  1. I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 52 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Benjamin Lee to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When i contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loan such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email lfdsloans@outlook.com  WhatsApp information...+1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete